Entry 15

Entry 15

It’s almost here. The culmination of months of energy happens this Tuesday. It’s a surreal realization that TANDEM has gone from concept to working prototype this quickly. More fascinating is that it only took four of us to do it. I am more and more appreciative of the work my team is doing with every push to the live server. As more and more polish is applied to TANDEM it is easier to see it’s value.

Working with the feedback from our dress rehearsal presentations, we discussed our final set of site fixes, slide changes, and last minute issues. It is clear that we are all equally exhausted mentally and physically. This praxis is far from a normal workload. It becomes job. Ideating, designing, building, implementing, and promoting take time and energy. Being ambitious with something like this adds an even greater strain on all of us.

I am confident that TANDEM will be used. It’s value is apparent. It’s audience is already emerging. I am most excited to see what people do with the datasets.