Entry 7/8

Entry 7/8

OpenCV image processing and computer vision library is doing exactly what we had imagined for TANDEM. More exciting for us are the possibilities that OpenCV and computer vision currently brings to the table for us. The ability to look at images in entirely new ways and explore them on an artificially intelligent way is incredible for us. While we are using the barest of bones functions in OpenCV, there is potential for machine learning and more intense object detection and identification to one day be part of a later iteration of the software. For now, we have our own hurdles to jump. Long before we can do anything more intense, we need to get the thing functioning.

Our proof of concept is just on the horizon. The deadline date seems to be coming faster and faster as the semester wanes. I can’t help but feel like my team needs a bit of an ego boost after last week’s CUNYcast live demo. The bar for success was set that much higher seeing another group so close to manifesting their grand idea. It inspired me that we can be equally successful and make equal amounts of progress.

What is holding us back? Time. TANDEM is a top priority for the team and I, but life must go on. There is only so much time left with work, other courses, commuting, eating, sleeping, and living.

What is going to make or break us? Simply working together to make this happen. Each week I tune into our Google Doc for our project update and I see my team working away. Everyone spitting out blurbs and understating their hard work and dedication. I am extremely proud of them and the work that they are doing to keep this dream alive.

At the end of the day, TANDEM will live.